When it comes to dresses do you go for traditional and feminine, or cool and edgy? This season there is plenty from both sides to choose from. The classic tea dress offers ladylike dressing. With this style it's all about pretty details like pleats, Peter Pan collars and floral prints. On the other side of the coin there's the simple tee dress. With its laid-back, squarer shape, this cut doesn't emphasise a woman's curves like the tea dress does, but it feels really contemporary.
The tee dress
- On-trend and feels new
- Can wear alone or over leggings, tights or skinny jeans
- The perfect canvas for a statement necklace
- Great for covering up problem upper arms
The tea dress
- Flatters curves
- Works well with vintage pieces
- Can be dressed up or down
- Lots of different prints, patterns and styles on offer
Personally, I'm a fan of both. I'll be wearing tee dresses more like tunics, perhaps with thick opaque tights and boots. When it comes to tea dresses I'll be teaming mine with heels and a tweed coat.
Which style do you prefer?