1. Metallic MomentI was in Zara earlier this week and made a beeline for this gold Skirt, £79.99. With leather also on my list, this skirt ticks that box as well as my current penchant for metallics and despite the price, which is much lower than the leather skirts in some other stores, the feel of the fabric is soft and luxurious. It's definitely a contender for my next payday splurge.
2. Party PerfectWith pencil skirts this pretty there's no reason to wear a dress to a special occasion. This lace skirt from Coast*, is reduced from £95 to a rather reasonable £45, making it a beautiful-looking bargain. I'd wear it with a silky white or cream shell top for effortless elegance.
3. Luxe LeatherButtery-soft leather in easy-to-wear black is always a stylish option. This panelled leather pencil skirt, £149, from Autograph at M&S, has textured biker-style stitching at the top and would look stunning with a crisp white shirt or merino knit.
4. A Touch of TweedI loved this Tweed Pencil Skirt from M&S Collection so much I bought it this week. The £39.50 price tag is more than justified by the soft-to-the-touch tweed and wool blend fabric, as well as a fabulous fit and high quality lining. It's set to be a favourite for my weekday wardrobe as we head into autumn.
5. The Designer ClassicCash invested in a classic wardrobe staple is always money well spent. I love the longer length and buckle detailing of this Vivienne Westwood Red Label black skirt*, £318, which give it just enough of a twist on a timeless design.