Apparently 6.7m Brits leave their Christmas gift buying until the very last minute. Usually, I'm finished with my Christmas shopping by now, but this year has been different. I've been so much busier! So when I heard that Westfield London were kicking off a 4 day Christmas shopping event today I made the time to head down and make a dent in the list. There are discounts of up to 30% and free parking (and it's much less stressful than Oxford Street).
Where I shopped
- Paperchase: great for girly gifts, wrapping paper and special cards.
- The Entertainer: this shop is a must for stocking up on toys and games for the kids in the family. One of the new board games for Christmas is more than £15 cheaper than another high street store I also popped into so definitely worth checking out first.
- Accessorize: A great one for friends and female relatives. They've got some lovely bags at the moment and some cool little stocking fillers.
- HMV: DVDs and music are great for the boys in the family, or for in-laws. There are some really good prices on some favourites too including box sets.
- M&S: With 3 for 2 on lots of gifts you can't really go wrong. It's perfect for ticking off some of the more difficult-to-buy-for members of the family like grandparents. Try the gardening and baking gifts, as well as food and wine. I also picked up a lovely baby gift for a friend from the luxurious Autograph range... it's so cute!
- Urban Outfitters: You'll find plenty of interesting and quirky books and home accessories here and there was 20% off everything - boom!
On own wishlist
- Since the drop in temperature, I've been eying up fab leather gloves. Oasis had some nice ones.
- I'm also a fan of perfume, but some of the high street fashion retailers are doing pretty well on budget fragrances that smell really lovely like River Island and Next.
- I was also looking for some 'door knocker' earrings as I keep seeing other people wearing the most amazing pairs. Topshop had some cool jewellery.
- Finally, I got side-tracked in Zara Home for ages. I didn't buy any gifts but I did find a million things I want for my new flat.
Stuck for ideas? If you know a Londoner who is hard to buy for, you could always try a Westfield Gift Card as it can also be used at the restaurants and Vue cinema at Westfield London, and All Star Lanes Bowling and Vue Cinema at Westfield Stratford City. They're really easy to use and who doesn't love treating themselves to a little shopping spree now and then. I think it's fair to say, there's plenty of choice! You can buy online, so needn't even leave your armchair.
What do you think of the twinkling tree decorations too? I snapped a pic on Instagram.