Things are hotting up over at New York Fashion Week with Twitter going mad for Victoria Beckham's latest collection today. But Rebecca Minkoff's collection caught my eye too. In her collection, and several others I have seen, the classic white shirt has been key (Lacoste had lots too). The collection was filled with fabulously feminine prints and florals all set back to a simple white palette. Very refreshing and perfect for spring.
To complement the clothing TRESemmé Lead Stylist Jeanie Syfu created sophisticated and effortless, textured, beachy waves for the models' hair, with sleek ends. I'd call it casual glamour because of the slightly dirty look to the hair, but it definitely translates easily into everyday life.
Want to recreate it? Try the steps below...
- Start by applying TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray and TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse throughout the hair and power dry with fingers for texture
- Smooth out ends with a Mason Pearson brush
- Take random sections of hair and using a 1” barrel curling iron, create curls through the mid-lengths, making sure to leave the ends out
- Use the flat iron to straighten ends and give the beachy texture a polished finish
- Spray lightly with TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo for a matte look
- Create a middle part with a comb and finish with a dime size amount of TRESemmé Smooth & Silky Anti-Frizz Secret Crème to fingertips, raking through the hair from roots to ends
Watch the show highlights below...