P&G has some of the biggest beauty brands in its stable, so it makes sense for them to provide regular content and access to experts for its customers. There is currently a monthly magazine called Beauty Recommended which offers exactly this, as well as tips, the opportunity to enter prize draws and product samples.
Coming next week though is the next step, a Beauty Recommended app which aims to be 'the beauty expert in your pocket'. It will be available for iPhone and Android devices and I've had the opportunity to get a sneak peek and try it out early. There are four main sections, including competitions (hurrah!), a beauty tips section with a ever-expanding number of searchable expert beauty tips and the 'Inspire Me' area where you'll find get-the-look videos and guides, a monthly poll and the latest must-have products.
But there's also a section called Beauty Spots which I think is a really nice idea. For launch there are three London tours which you can use when out and about, or from home featuring audio, visuals and handy maps. The one we tried out this week was 'Eye of the Beholder', a tour of history's enduring beauty secrets in conjunction with the National Portrait Gallery, it's really insightful and interesting to get an expert's view on some really famous paintings and what they say about beauty at the time. I really hope they do more tours like this in future.
To download the new app for free, visit the Beauty Recommended website at www.BeautyRecommended.com from Thursday 14 June. Oh, and do let me know what you think.
Download the app from iTunes or from Google.
COMPETITION TIME!P&G has teamed up with the National Portrait Gallery, to give away a pair of tickets to the Gallery’s 'The Queen Art & Image' exhibition which runs until 21 October. This landmark exhibition marks Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee and brings together over sixty of the most remarkable and resonant portraits of the Queen made during her sixty-year reign.
To enter, answer this question: Name 3 P&G beauty brands (you can find some over here).
Email your answer to email@example.com including your name, address and contact telephone number.
Terms and conditions
1. This Prize Draw is open to all residents in the UK and ROI over 18 years of age, excluding employees of Procter & Gamble UK and its affiliates or agents, the families of such employees and any other person connected with this promotion.
2. To enter, answer the question in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out your name address and contact details.
3. The Promoter will not be liable for applications not received, incomplete, delayed or damaged. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery. Last date for receipt of entries is 11.59 on Saturday 30 June 2012 (the closing date).
4. The first correct entry randomly selected by an independent person will win 2 tickets to The Queen Art & Image (ticket valid until 7 October). There will be no runners up. The prize is as stated and cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative. No bulk or third party entries accepted.
5. The winner will be notified by email before 7 July 2012. In the event the claim for a prize is not received by the Promoter within 10 working days of such notification, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Delivery within 28 days.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
7. By entering this Free Prize Draw, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material.
PROMOTER: Procter & Gamble UK, Weybridge, Surrey