Sorry for those this isn't relevant to, but as a Camden resident I feel I should spread the news. On Sunday 21 November Camden Town get its Christmas lights turned on and Katy B will be performing at a street event full of live music and unique entertainment. Things kick off from 10am and Camden High Street will be closed to traffic, hurrah. The day will finish with a performance from Katy B, whose new single is aptly titled ‘Lights on’, followed by the Christmas light switch-on.
Famous Camden residents MTV, the Roundhouse and Lock Tavern have all teamed up with Camden Town Unlimited and Camden Council to host the exciting one-day event. There'll be entertainment ranging from the Greek version of Lady Gaga (interesting) through to established music acts such as Katy B on the main stage.
Katy B will be performing between 3:50-4:15pm and the lights will be turned on at 4:25pm. Let me know if you are coming down to brave the crowds... a Sunday in Camden is busy at the best of times so I'm expecting hoards of people but am definitely going to go along.
What else to do while you're there:
- Visit the Stables Market
- Check out vintage stores like Rokit Vintage
- Take a walk along the canals
- Have a 5 minute rave while shopping in Cyber Dog
- Take a walk up to the top of Primrose Hill for a fab view of the City
- The High Street has some great second hand shops, try Traid and Oxfam DIY
- For a pub slightly away from the crowds I like the Albert on Princess Road