Celebrity make-up artist Christopher Drummond, who has worked with celebrities, such as Jennifer Lopez, Brooke Shields, Jane Fonda, Glenn Close and Eve Ensler, offers his advice for looking flawless this holiday season.
According to Christopher, “A big trend both in fashion and in make-up for the holidays is the “moonstruck” look. Nothing says glamour like a gown and smoky eyes. And this season, the dresses are slender and simple with an occasional train and details to dazzle. To compliment your fabulous dress, make-up is flirty and smoky.”
Here are Christopher’s tips for achieving the perfect smoky eye:
- Start with a beige shadow base all over the entire lid
- Take a gold shadow, and apply it 3/4 of the way up, not quite all the way up to the brow. Leave some space between where you stop and the brow
- Apply a blue/grey shadow from the crease (middle) of the eye to the base of the lashes. Be sure to blend it well, back and forth. This helps the product adhere, and stay on longer
- On the outer corner of the lid, blend in a purple eye shadow to give some extra “sizzle.” Blend well
- Finally, use a black liner to line the base of the lashes. Follow with mascara.