Tuesday, 22 December 2009
HAIR - Get Nicole's NINE Look
Kerry Warn, the stylist Nicole Kidman famously refers to as, ‘the best hairdresser in the world’, injects high octane glamour into the film star’s look for 2009’s highly anticipated film, NINE. I can't wait to see it, with the star-studded cast, lavish costumers and music - what's not to love?
NINE stars a stellar cast of Hollywood’s leading ladies including Nicole Kidman, Pénelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Kate Hudson and Sophia Loren and is set in 1960’s Rome, reflecting some of the era’s most iconic looks. Watch the Trailer here.
Nicole Kidman, who plays film muse Claudia Jenssen channelled the 1960’s glamour of Julie Christie in her starlet role, and it was Kerry Warn, International Creative Consultant for the John Frieda® brands, who created Nicole’s show-stopping look:
Kerry comments, "Nicole’s look in this role is pure, unadulterated glamour." Here is how you can copy this beautiful style:
1. A smooth base is important so apply John Frieda® Frizz-Ease® Original Serum (£5.99) to damp hair before drying with a natural bristle brush.
2. Once dry, focus on the crown and spray roots with John Frieda® Luxurious Volume Thickening Blowdry Lotion (£5.49) and dry small sections with a large, round vent brush to create height and movement.
3. To create maximum lift, roll generous sections of hair around large velcro rollers and mist with John Frieda® Luxurious Volume Thickening Hairspray (£5.49). Leave to set whilst applying make up.
4. Remove the rollers and loosely brush through hair with a natural bristle brush. The key area for heightening volume is the crown, which requires extra attention and a little back combing. Add a final gentle mist of hairspray to secure the volume in place.
5. To finish, catch the hair on either side of the face and slightly twist at the back of the head, securing with bobby pins. Leave the rest of the hair loose and run through with your fingers to create a sexy, slightly un-done impression that gives this look a modern edge.
Find out more about John Frieda products