I returned home today after a fab weekend at Virgin Media's V Festival in Chelmsford. I can't believe the hot weather lasted all through Saturday and Sunday - surprising for England which has been decidedly rainy of late. I made sure to plaster on the suncream but forgot on Sunday which means my back is a little frazzled.
I managed to see most of the acts I wanted to including:
- Lily Allen - Britney cover 'Womanizer' was the track that had everyone moving
- The Specials - joined on stage by Amy Winehouse for one track
- The Killers - they put on a pretty good show
- Dizzee Rascal - by far the highlight of Saturday for me as the crowd went 'Bonkers'
- Noisettes - loving Shingai's hot pants and red tasseled jacket combo
- Paulo Nutini - We all fell a little bit in love with him
- Athlete - performance of Wires was a highlight
- Katy Perry- bad sound ruined the performance a little bit
- Pixie Lott -looking hot in a fab sparkling mini dress
- Lady Gaga - gave away her broken YSL shoe and her remixes got the crowd dancing
- MGMT - headlined the smaller stage but still wowed the revellers
I was upset that I missed VV Brown, Jaguar Skills, The Sunshine Underground, The Mystery Jets and Calvin Harris. But I suppose you can't have everything. You have to feel sorry for those who got tickets because they wanted to see Oasis after they pulled out of the gig.
Style wise there was a lot of flesh on show with vintage florals and graphic prints being popular. Many people played it safe with wellies and funky socks, while others opted for sandals. I went for flowery dresses and brightly coloured beads. I did get my wellies out for day but decided not to bother on day two, I put my faith in the nice weather and was lucky.