Are you making these mistakes?
- Wearing the wrong size bra. 70% of all women wear the wrong bra size. It is extremely important to get fitted by an expert. Debenhams offers a free bra fitting service in store by expertly trained advisers which will ensure you are wearing the best bra for your shape and size, making you look and feel great!
- Many women choose bras that are too small for them in the hope that it will increase their cleavage. This in fact just creates a four boob effect. This is where your breasts push out above the cups, which is neither attractive nor comfortable. Simply buy a bra designed to increase your cleavage. Ultimo have some great plunge bras that will give you maximum cleavage and enhanced shape.
- Not allowing your lingerie to match your personal style. Choosing lingerie styles to suit your personality will help you to feel more comfortable with your body. If you’re a fan of 50’s inspired clothes opt for lingerie with a vintage feel, such as fuller pants with frill detailing in silky, feminine materials. If you have a love for lace, choose bras and pants with lace detailing to boost your confidence.
- Too many women only own one style of bra. It is important to have a variety of bra styles and colours to ensure you are wearing the most appropriate style for the outfit and the occasion. One bra will not suffice for everything. A black, white, flesh, multi-way, sports, plunge and strapless bra are all staples and should be in every girl’s lingerie drawer.
- Not thinking about your body shape when choose lingerie. It is important to make the most of your assets. Too many women forget to think about choosing underwear to emphasise their best features and draw attention away from their problem areas.
Read on for tips and ideas to help you dress for your shape.
You have: Usually slim with few curves and narrow hips
Best feature: Toned arms and legs
Celeb Style: Kate Moss, Keira Knightly, Kirsten Dunst, Cameron Diaz
Boy shorts are great for this type of figure as they show off and accentuate a toned behind. If you are not blessed in the breast department then you can emphasise your cleavage with a padded or under wired-bra. Balcony styles are great for giving an instant uplift and are bang on trend this summer for glamour. Flirty pink bras are also perfect for petite body shapes and add will extra ‘girlyness’.
You have: Slim legs and arms while you carry your weight around your tummy.
Best Feature: Legs
Celeb Style: Liz Hurley, Drew Barrymore, Tyra Banks
You have: Narrow shoulder, small bust with larger hips and bum.
Best feature: Shapely hips.
Celeb Style: Kate Winslet, Coleen Rooney, Beyonce Knowles
You have: Curvaceous hips and bust with a small waistline. You are one of the lucky ones: this is the classic female shape!
Best Feature: Your feminine, voluptuous curves.
Celeb Style: Mariah Carey, Dita Von Teese
You lucky thing — there’s nothing that you can’t wear! But corsets can help to extra- emphasise your small waist and sexy hips. You have got the most desired shape so if your feeling confident pick a dramatic print and make a statement. These fun pieces are great as the prints draw attention to your feminine body whilst still emphasizing your curves.
Need more help? Debenhams' expertly trained, in-store fitters can advise further on all of this information and will help answer any questions that you have. The Debenhams website also has more tips and lingerie trends.
LINGERIE - My Debenhams Bra Fitting
SKINCARE - Elemis Taster Facial at Debenhams
BEAUTY - Debenhams Beauty Club and Pampering