A Balmain 'trashy chic' one-shoulder cocktail dress, a steal at only £15,100, has been chosen as the top recession-unfriendly fashion item by handbag.com, the home of fashion, beauty, hair and celebrity.
The most expensive of ten items that made handbag.com’s list, the Balmain dress is a must-have for fashionistas hunting out super expensive items for their wardrobes. This label takes the prize for consistently coming up with unfeasibly high prices which, despite the cost, doesn’t seem to deter fans such as Sarah Jessica-Parker, Penelope Cruz, Kate Winslet, Jennifer Connelly, Mary-Kate Olsen and Kate Hudson to name a few.
The other 9 fashion items were:
- Chanel Matrioshka handbag - £4,200
- Chanel pale pink quilted handbag - £2,400
- Christopher Kane scalloped silk dress - £2,136
- Giambattista Valli for Moncler Gamme Rouge jacket - £2,000
- Meadham Kirchhoff denim jacket - £1,715
- Balmain jeans - £1,200
- YSL cage booties - £1,100
- Louis Vuitton Tribal sandals - £1,100
- Louis Vuitton Graffiti trainers - £700
MOST WANTED - £1 Million Handbag
STYLE - Top 10 Fashionable Faces to Watch
TRENDS - The Cold Shoulder