Photo Credit: akirsa on flickr.com
A summer of baring your feet can take its toll. They are often one of the most neglected areas of the body. Why not take notice, they do a lot of hard work. They have to take the weight of the body all the time, and then we punish them on a night out with stilettos.
- Keep feet flexible, by circling and pointing each morning. Some stretches get your joints ready for the day.
- Use a foot grater... Sounds unpleasant but is really good for the tough skin on the soles of the feet. Also invest in a good foot moisturiser and apply overnight whilst wearing cotton socks.
- Keep your toenails trimmed. It is hygienic and avoids ingrown toe nails and other nasties. Painted toes always look nicer than natural too. My favourite shade at the moment is vibrant orange.Very summery.
- A foot massage can be a really good way to relax. Rope in your other half, or get a pedicure and have a professional pamper your tootsies.
- Alternate your heels and flats. Wearing one style all the time is bad for your feet and posture. Don't wear the same shoes all the time, and make sure you give your feet a break now and then.
- If you think you are wearing bad shoes, try out some FitFlops. I have found them to be really comfortable, and extremely supportive for my feet and joints.I can walk further in them than I can in trainers.
- Use Talcum powder between your toes after a bath or shower. It eliminates moisture which can help get rid of bacteria.
TIPS - Run it Right Marathon Tricks
TIPS - Keep Your Cool
PRODUCT - FitFlops