Photo Credit: J Doggett on Flickr
People often wonder how to make their perfume last longer. I am a lover of perfume and Coco Chanel didn't respect women who went without it. Here are some of my tips to make your scent last the distance...
- The areas that perfume will linger longest are, inside the wrists and elbows, collar bone, nape of the neck, behind the knees and at the naval.
- Use the same scented shower gel and body lotion as your perfume to layer the scent.
- Spray perfume onto scarves, and jackets (not silk ones of course).
- Carry an atomiser in your handbag to freshen up during the day.
- You can get away with more perfume in the evening if you are going to be in a crowded place. For the day, a lighter scent is usually better. In the summer opt for alcohol free if possible as the sun can change the scent of perfumes with alcohol.
- If you are sensitive to perfumes, again, choose an alcohol free perfume which is less likely to irritate.
- Put jewellery on after you have sprayed your perfume, certain stones and metals are affected by the alcohol in perfumes. No one wants their Swarovski crystals to turn green!
- Don't bin a fragrance that you don't wear or that doesn't match you personality. I use mine as room sprays.
FRAGRANCE - Harajuku Hits London
WEBSITE - Discover a World of Fragrance
THOUGHT - Must Wear More Perfume...